CRI Immunotherapy Patient Summits
Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summits are free online or in-person events that connect cancer patients and caregivers with scientific and medical experts to learn about new breakthroughs in cancer immunotherapy.
In Fall 2021, CRI hosted its second all-online Virtual Immunotherapy Patient Summit in English, and premiered the first-ever CRI Virtual Immunotherapy Patient Summit conducted entirely in Spanish.
SUBSCRIBE FOR VIRTUAL SUMMIT UPDATES
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens at a virtual summit?
The CRI Virtual Immunotherapy Patient Summit offers attendees access to the following:
- An overview the immune system and the fundamentals of immunotherapy
- Interactive cancer-specific breakout sessions with leading experts, including lung cancer, melanoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer
- An overview of cancer immunotherapy clinical trials and how to access them
- A panel featuring patients treated with immunotherapy
- Virtual, confidential, one-on-one clinical trial navigator appointments
Who should attend?
We invite people of all ages and with any type of cancer. Caregivers, friends, family, and patient advocates are also encouraged to attend.
Why should I attend?
Learn the basics of immunotherapy and the latest research, get a better understanding of clinical trials and whether they are a good option for you or a loved one, and gain perspective from other patients treated with immunotherapy. Let some of our Summit attendees and speakers explain:
How can I attend virtually?
- Register for the event.
- Receive a link to the virtual platform.
- The platform will only be accessible when the event is live.
- Soon after the event, we will share video recordings which you can view from the comfort of your home.
You can follow the event on social media with the hashtag #CRISummit.
What happens at an in-person summit?
The in-person summit program is held on a Saturday, begins at 10:00am, and concludes at 3:30pm. The morning includes an expert presentation, expert panel discussion, and patient keynote. The afternoon includes a clinical trial presentation, patient panel discussion, and cancer-specific breakout sessions. There are breaks for refreshments and networking. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential).
Each Summit has a unique mix of expert physicians and patients, so be sure to check who will be at each Summit and what cancer types will be covered in the breakout sessions.
In-person summits are subject to change due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To ensure the health and safety of CRI Summit registrants, CRI is following guidelines of federal, state, and city health officials as well as consulting with experts at our partner medical institutions.
Thank you to our sponsors for providing generous funding to support this program. Thank you also to our educational partners and community champions who have shared this resource with their communities.
- Baltimore (November 16, 2019)
- Houston (October 26, 2019)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 7, 2019)
- New York City [PDF] (September 7, 2019)
- Boston [PDF] (July 27, 2019)
- San Diego [PDF] (June 29, 2019)
- Houston [PDF] (December 7, 2018)
- San Diego [PDF] (October 27, 2018)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 15, 2018)
- New York City [PDF] (September 15, 2018)
- San Francisco [PDF] (June 30, 2018)
- Houston [PDF] (January 27, 2018)
- Tampa [PDF] (December 9, 2017)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 23, 2017)
- New York City [PDF] (September 23, 2017)
- Chicago [PDF] (August 6, 2017)
- San Francisco [PDF] (July 8, 2017)
- New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
- Live Stream Video of New York City [YouTube videos] (September 24, 2016)
A browser plugin may be required for PDF files found this page.